The gamer-ish look and feel is great for a small audience, but others may be looking for something that just isn’t quite awkward to be caught with in public. You may need to do some work on removing some of these visual tweaks. Plus, you’re stuck with Android 11 instead of the more recent Android 12 for now and so far, there’s been no word on how many Android versions or security updates you will receive. As for video, it is technically capable of shooting 4K, but really, you already know where this is going. There is one saving grace, which is Xiaomi’s redonkulously fast 120W Hyper Charge technology.
- The Snapdragon 888 is one of the most powerful flagship chipset currently in the world.
- The phone was revealed on March 23, 2021 and was officially launched in the Chinese market starting from March 30.
- best gaming phones roundup to see what the new phones will be up against.
- Therefore, the device must have a good and strong body material component.
- This is because the display and screen sector is the first thing that users see on their device, and high definition images on the display screen will enhance the user experience.
- But where the Black Shark takes the cake isn’t the faster refresh rate.
When you’re in a game, you can swipe in from the upper right corner to access the Shortcut Settings. These are even more comprehensive compared to the options within Shark Space. The Black Shark 4 Pro has the appearance of a very sensible and mature gaming device. You won’t find any jarring tattoos or bright contrasting colors, this one’s a white-collar worker.
- The Snapdragon 888 may now be bested by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, but it’s still more than capable of handling the best mobile games of the moment, and then some.
- Yet so far Xiaomi’s Black Shark gaming brand may be the first that has resorted to titillation to stand out.
- This high pressure-sensitivity makes it super easy to get precise movements for even the most competitive games.
- But the star of the show is the 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display with its 144Hz refresh rate and HDR 10+ compatibility.
- If a device has a higher total score than its competitors, it is considered better overall.
- The main camera’s color science is on the slightly cooler side with some exceptions being when the world’s hue is significantly warmer like the light of a glowing orange sunset.
As you can see in the sample below, the Black Shark 4 Pro’s macro sensor fails to capture the finer details of my e-reader’s leather cover. The Black Shark 4 Pro has a dedicated Night mode for low-light scenes. A little bit of light goes a long way here, as you can see in the sample shots below. However, areas or spots with little to no light lack detail, and the overall image appears stock firmware to be grey and contrasty as opposed to the actual warm shades. Night photography varies a lot, depending entirely on the angle and number of light sources. You love fast charging The 120W fast charging that the Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro comes with is just about the best on the market at the moment, and it’ll fully charge up your phone in as little as 15 minutes.
Xiaomi USB Driver allows you to connect your Xiaomi Smartphone and Tablets to the Windows Computer and transfer data between the Computer and the Xiaomi device. Apart from this, it also allows you to sync data between the device and the Computer, back up your existing data on the Computer or restore the data on the Xiaomi device. Follow the How-to Flash Guide as provided on the XIAOMI BLACK SHARK stock rom page to Flash your XIAOMI device. You should install a provided USB Driver on your computer before the flashing process. Do not need to re-install USB Driver if you installed it before.
The stereo speakers clearly show more low mids and even a bit of bass in our measurements. The smartphone stands out with good sound in everyday use, which is not completely convincing, but still sounds better than many other smartphones in this price range. Under heavy usage, the Black Shark 4 Pro lasted about five hours in my experience, but trended towards a lower lifespan. I left it on, playing music, scrolling through social media pages, and, of course, gaming. If I wasn’t purposefully trying to drain its battery, it lasted all day just fine.